Monday, January 12, 2009

I LOVE Roadtrips!

I love a good roadtrip! Don't get me wrong, when I'm going on vacation I would always choose flying over driving. It's quicker, less hassle, and it's even more green! But roadtrips are different. Their purpose is not just to get from point A to point B, because the driving portion is part of the fun!

This past weekend I took roadtrip that I've been meaning to take for a long time- a trip up to visit Hayley in Oklahoma City!! Hayley and I grew up together through church, but our friendship has grown and changed over the years. Honestly I think Hayley and I are closer now than we were when we lived in the same city (thankfully we’re both big phone talkers!) She is such an encouragement to me!

Dan and I left early Saturday morning and spent a fun-filled day with Cody and Hayley Bobay! Dan had never been to Oklahoma, so we went to see the Oklahoma City Bombing museum and a couple other touristy things and overall had such a fun time! Here are some pictures from our adventures in Oklahoma! Enjoy :-)



This is when we were lost in the middle of Oklahoma attempting to find the Bobays' house.



We went with Hayley and Cody to a soda shop, called Pop's, that had over 400 different types of soda! It was right off of Route 66 (yes, THE route 66). We chose a couple flavors of soda to try and had burgers for lunch at the soda shop.

Dan chose Ale8 a soda that is made in Kentucky and I chose a cute pink soda!


We stopped by Winstar on the way home and ended up winning $266! And we only put $1 in the slot machine! yay! :-)
~Share the LOVE and HOPE of Christ by spreading JOY everyday!

2 comments:

Hayley B said...

SU!!!! I totally forgot you have a blog. YOu sent me an email forever ago and I TOTALLY FORGOT TO WRITE YOU BACK!!!! YEAH I love your blog I can't wait to check it every day :)

Leslie said...

Those are such great pictures! I'm so glad y'all had such a fun time:)