Thursday, January 15, 2009

Two to Tango


My soul is Latina. I've known this for some time, but it has really become evident lately.

Not only do I have a deep love and affection for salsa and all things mexican food, but I also love the spanish language. When I was learning spanish in middle school, I remember realizing that I could express myself easier in spanish than english. Although I only took a few years of spanish, a trip to Venenzuela my junior year of college further reinforced my love for the spanish language when I noticed I can explain my faith in Christ easier in spanish than in english (SABER vs CONOCER anyone?) But over the last month or so, any doubts in my mind about my inner Latina were put to rest when I discovered my new love--- Tango dancing!

Dan, and I met while salsa dancing and now I've joined him in one of his favorite hobbies by taking tango lessons with him. Eventhough I spend most of the hour and a half lesson tripping, falling, and attempting to stay on beat, I secretly like to pretend I am on Dancing with the Stars! It's so much fun! It's great exercise, it's a fun new skills, and it's a wonderful activity that Dan and I can do together!

So have I convinced you? Want to ignite your inner latina? Come to lessons with us Tuesday night at 7pm in Plano! (or you can go to the wednesday class in Dallas at 8pm, but we won't be there, so that's no fun!)


Ole!

~Share the LOVE and HOPE of Christ by spreading JOY everyday!

No comments: