Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bridezilla-Proofing my Life

So I've been a bride for 10 days and I'm already really grossed out with the wedding industry.

The vanity.
The excess.
The waste of time, money, and energy on things that don't matter in the big picture of eternity.

I'm committed to making January 16th about a covenant that I am making with the man of my dreams in the presence of our almighty creator. I'm committed to caring more about our family and our love than the shade of white on our place cards. I'm committed to focusing on building and strengthening our future marriage rather than focusing on trivial details that no one will remember. I'm commited to remembering that the world does not revolve around my wedding, but instead revolves around Christ's love for us.

I've asked a few girls to hold me accountable in my quest to NOT become Bridezilla, and I'm claiming Philippians 4:7 and trusting that Lord will guard my heart and my mind and prevent me from becoming a Bridezilla!

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
~Share the LOVE and HOPE of Christ by spreading JOY everyday!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Amen and Amen! Preach it! I know you will be a wonderful "zilla"- free bride! Your wedding planning and wedding itself will be so much sweeter if you keep all this in mind!

Hayley B said...

What a GREAT way to think! That is what I have always said...focus on the marriage...and the wedding will be great. The marriage is FOREVER!!! and it seems like you have your eyes set on the covenant you are about to enter into! LOVE IT! I love you su

lecia said...

what a beautiful declaration....so blessed by this suzanne!