Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fast times with Suz & Dan

Here are the latest in the life of Suz (and Dan!)


1. Shakespeare in the Park was one of the best dates Dan and I have been on in a long time. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. Everyone spreads out picnic blankets with food and wine and there were puppies and children galore. People are really communal which is fun too (like the very kind people who lent us a bottle opener when we forgot ours!) so it's a very friendly environment. Tickets are just 10 bucks, so if you are looking for a little off the beaten path date night, go check it out!

2. Have y'all been to Chili's lately? Ummmm, be prepared for a totally revamped menu! It was awesome!! I'm not kidding--- if you haven't been lately, go try it again. I think of Chili's being the same old place that we went to all through out high school after Sunday night church (shout out to FBC!) but seriously they have some awesome new menu items (and little notes to tell you how you can make it healthier! super fun!) Dan got baby back ribs in a fancy Shiner Bock sauce and I got a new Santa Fe Chicken wrap. Super Yum! I think they even changed the salsa recipe (maybe?)
[And Brinker if you are reading this (come on, we all know about Google alerts) please send mad props to your marketing team for the new menu look, too! although the new menu items tasted tons better, I have to admit the menu itself looked equally stellar. good job, Chili's team!]

3. While I'm randomly recommending things,have y'all seen State of Play? Dan and I were pleasantly surprised with our blockbuster rental this weekend. It's rated PG13, had no nudity, very little language, and an awesome plot! It's kind of a conspiracy theory political movie. If you liked Wag the Dog, you will love this one.


4. Our church quest this weekend brought us to Stonebrier Church (Chuck Swindoll's church) and while we're still not sure if it will be our church home, we did hear an awesome sermon on Psalm 13. "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me." I wonder if I rejoice often enough in my salvation. Currently my biggest "enemy" is being too busy, and it was neat to see how God has had victory over my busy schedule and was able to carve out a weekend for Dan and me to just relax and rest in his lovingkindness. Like the psalmist says, I will sing to the LORD for he has been good to me!

5. We are gearing up for a busy busy October! Next weekend, we'll be in Chicago for Dan's 10 year college reunion at Wheaton. The next week we'll be in Maui for a work conference (tough gig, huh?), and the next weekend we'll be in Kentucky for a bridal shower, and the last weekend in October, we'll be moving Dan into our new apartment. I'm praying that even through these fun and exciting times that God will continue to receive the glory and honor and praise!!

~Share the LOVE and HOPE of Christ by spreading JOY everyday!

No comments: